How it works
Match each dish with wines entered into the competition using a top team of judges
Find out the What Food, goes with What Wine!
NB: All wines MUST be available to purchase in the UK
- Judges will work in panels of four - click here to see the judges
- Wines will be served in flights in pre-poured glasses (double blind judging method).
- The only information the judges will have on each wine is whether it is over or under £10 UK retail price. All wines must be available in the UK market.
- Judges will taste the wines with the food individually and score the wines. The panel will then discuss the results and come to a unanimous consensus verdict for each wine.
- After all the wines have been tasted and marked, the four senior judges will re-convene to re-taste the top-scoring wines with their respective dishes. During this re-taste, the senior judges will not be aware of the price categories of each wine.
- This will be done for two reasons. Firstly, to double check the standard and consistency of judging and results. Secondly, to choose the top awards in each category, irrespective of price.
- 5 stars – excellent match
- 4 stars – very good match
- 3 star – sound match
- Below 3 star – poor match
- ‘Best Value’ award, ie the wine that offers the best price/quality ratio in that category.
How many bottles do I need to send?
For each entry, the competition requires 3 sample bottles per wine entry for the first food match plus one bottle per any additional matches. For example:
1 food match = 3 bottles
2 food matches = 4 bottles
3 food matches = 5 bottles etc.
Please send your wine entries along with a copy of the entry form to: